Commercial Cleaning: Restroom Sanitation
One of the most important jobs for any commercial cleaning or Dubai maids service is to clean the restrooms properly and sanitizing them. It is perhaps the most difficult area to clean in any commercial establishments. Unlike a home toilet, dozens of people use the public restrooms every day. They can carry all sorts of germs and bacteria that can make people sick. Moreover, the level of hygiene and cleanliness of the restroom can directly affect the overall impression of an establishment. So, having a clean restroom is essential to any commercial enterprise.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Though, most people gauge the cleanliness of a public restroom from the toilet bowl and the seat that is not the only area which should be sanitized. To have a really clean and germ-free restroom, it is imperative to have a detailed restroom sanitation procedure that the cleaning staff should follow. Dirt and soil can harbor germs and bacteria for diseases such as salmonella, E.Coli, influenza, etc. Cleaning to remove the dirt and soils is the first step of sanitizing a restroom, the next step is disinfecting it with a strong disinfectant to kill and remove and germs.
Cleaning and disinfecting of public restrooms should not be just once a day. It has to be multiple times a day routine to ensure the hygiene of the restroom. This is especially true of places like Malls, Railway Stations, Airports, and other such areas where there are a large number of people using the restrooms. Hence, it is important that the cleaning staff is well trained in cleaning not only for appearance but also for hygiene and have a routine that ensures thorough cleaning.
Not Just The Toilet Seat
Though a public restroom may appear to be clean, it is not essential that it is actually clean. Cleanliness of a toilet is not just about the toilet bowl and the seat. It is about every part of the restroom including the toilet paper, door knobs, flushing buttons, taps, etc. Every single thing within the restroom can be subject to cross-contamination. Germs can lurk everywhere people touch or the flush spray can reach.
Dubai Maids: Keeping a Hygienic Restroom
Knowing which areas can harbor the most germs can also help the cleaning staff to clean most effectively.
- In any restroom, the most unhygienic thing can be the dustbins, especially those kept in the cubicle for female disposal. These should be disinfected regularly to prevent germs from breeding on it.
- All toilet paper dispensers should be covered to prevent contamination from flush spray.
- If possible, there should be disposable toilet seat covers placed in the cubicle for use. If these are not provided, then the staff should ensure that the toilet seat is disinfected after every use.
- All high touch areas like the doors, door handles, faucet handles, flush handles, soap dispensers, light switches, etc. should be disinfected.
- The floor should be swept, mopped and disinfected several times a day.
The restroom cleaning staff and Dubai maids should have a checklist of all the tasks that they need to perform. This would ensure a hygienic restroom.